andy warhol and the film factory

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Nov. 16-22

"They're experimental films; I call them that because I don't know what I'm doing. I'm interested in audience reaction to my films: my films now will be experiments, in a certain way, on testing their reactions"
-Andy Warhol, 1967


"The enormous impact Andy Warhol's art made on culture has been widely recognized through countless museum shows, publications and films. But much less known is the seminal contribution of Warhol and his collaborators to film. This unique role is the subject of a first-of-a-kind major festival and conference Warhol and the Film Factory, organized, programmed and presented by the Facets Cinematheque. Warhol expanded our concepts of the film language, re-defined the idea of film as entertainment, and liberated legions of future filmmakers to use the camera as a singular means of personal expression. The week-long festival begins on Friday, November 16, with Night at the Factory Gala, bringing Chicago arts and film lovers face-to-face with the films of Andy Warhol."

check the schedule here

Comments

Popular Posts